Thursday 21 October 2010

Shadows Cast Within the Church

Here stands the church of St Andrew at Great Dunham in West Norfolk. It is one of the few surviving churches in Norfolk, that pre-dates the Norman Conquest. It is dateable through a series of architectural 'clues', which excite Dave and I, but the details of which I will spare you here. I cannot begin to imagine the countless 'invisible' people who have passed through these doors over the years. However, I can be quite sure that this wonderful building has never been witness to such extraordinary scenes as those that took place in there today.

For this is a tale of intruigue, deception and, ultimately - MURDER! No ink is black enough to describe the darkness of the tale involving this little critter here, Binky. I am still too stunned and upset to provide you with a coherent account. However, during the next few days I will try and recount the dreadful end which Binky met here.

No comments:

Post a Comment